Open Data Manchester is an organisation for people who are interested in realising the potential of open data to benefit citizens, business and public bodies in Greater Manchester and beyond. It is a diverse community of developers, activists, artists, journalists and public sector employees. It holds regular meetings, hack days and information events which are generally free and open to all.
Our regular meetings are on the last Tuesday of the month and take place at a variety of venues around Manchester and beyond. Click the Next Event tab above for details. If you want to join in the discussion click on the Google Group above.
Our aim is to:
- Help developers and designers become more familiar with the tools, datasets and projects that are using open data in Manchester and the rest of the world.
- Identify and open up datasets that are relevant to Greater Manchester.
- To advocate for public bodies within Greater Manchester to adopt more open and intelligent data practices.
- To create opportunities with open data for everyone.
- To help Greater Manchester businesses build services and products off the back of open data.
- To enable Greater Manchester to become a centre of open data practice